jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High CPU and memory consumption when load testing with HTTP Sampler
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:39:15 GMT
Can you provide us with your box configuration? OS distribution and
version, JDK version, JMeter version, Hardware spec.

Try with other configurations of GC like -Xincgc, -XX:UseParallelOldGC,
-XX:UseConcMarkSweepGC, etc (one at a time) and compare the results.
Try with -XX:AggressiveHeap (JDK 1.4) or -XX:+AggressiveOpts (JDK 1.5+)
instead of -Xms and -Xmx. (
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/vmoptions-jsp-140102.html
)

I work with a distributed environment with 3 JMeter servers per machine
(CentOS5, 6GB RAM, 2-cores processor, 20GB HD), using 1.5GB heap per JMeter
server. This configuration hold almost 300 threads per JMeter server with
no problems.
Sometimes a big heap mess up more than help.

Regards.
Flávio Cysne