jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High CPU and memory consumption when load testing with HTTP Sampler
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:32:32 GMT
With this huge :D box I would try to:

- Use JMeter's SaveService in batch mode to achieve a better performance;
- Use a high throughtput and low pause GC JVM configuration (
http://java.sun.com/performance/reference/whitepapers/tuning.html#section4.2
);
- Use at least 4 JMeter's servers within this machine (-Xms1g -Xmx1g, maybe
2g) and run this test in distributed mode.

You could also install libAIO package. I have experienced some GC
improvements after installing it.

The directive sun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval is expressed in milisseconds,
so I'll vote to change this to a higher value, let's say 60000 (one
minute), or simply remove it. The default value to JDK6 is 3600000 (one
hour). -
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/rmi/sunrmiproperties.html

Other references to JVM Tuning:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ergo5-140223.html