jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Lloyd <oliver_ll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the Shutdown Command in Non GUI Mode?
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 17:05:05 GMT
Ah, yes. You know, I knew that, my brain managed to forget that it knew it for the past hour
though.

Thanks for the prompt.

For the thread, if you run multiple jmeter instances on one machine it looks like the port
is assigned dynamically so you have to parse stdout from jmeter and use the returned port
in the shutdown command.

Parsing stdout:
jmeter.stdout.on('data', function (data) {
	if(data.indexOf('Waiting for possible')>-1){
		var match = data.match(/\d+/);
		jmeter.port=parseInt(match[0], 10);
	}
});

Sending shutdown command with port specified:
var shutdownCmd='/Applications/apache-jmeter-2.7/bin/shutdown.sh '+jmeter.port;
terminator = childProcess.exec(shutdownCmd, function (error, stdout, stderr) {
	if (error) {
		console.log(error.stack);
		console.log('Error code: '+error.code);
		console.log('Signal received: '+error.signal);
	}
});