jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gaywood <richardgayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making HTTP 404 a test success
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 13:00:49 GMT

On 6 Jul 2012, at 17:39, sebb wrote:

> On 6 July 2012 17:13, Richard Gaywood <richardgaywood@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please don't use HTML in future; it's more likely to be treated as SPAM.

Oops. Sorry. Mea culpa; I dragged-and-dropped the screen shot into GMail, not realising that
made it HTML, rather than attaching the JPG.

>> I tried adding a Response Assertion with config to state that "Response Code", "Contains",
"404" (with "Ignore Status" ticked), but the sample still fails.

> Because 404 is not a success status; check the "Ignore status" option.

As I said in my original message, I had "Ignore status" ticked already -- but there was a
PEBCAK; two Samplers in my test plan, with the same name (oops), one of which had the correct
config and one didn't. The ones where 404s were shown as failures were the other Sampler to
the one I was editing.

Thanks for your help, everyone.