jmeter-user mailing list archives

From lichen970 <lichen...@hotmail.com>
Subject Using Jmeter simulate users based on trace file or following some distribution function
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:08:59 GMT
Hi, friends,
I am just new to Jmeter. We want to generate requests either from a trace
files, or based on some distributions/patterns.Things I am considering but
not sure is, to write scripts to invoke Jmeter in non-gui mode and aggregate
the results. But I do not think this approach is efficient.

Actually, we use Jmeter not for testing, but for simulation. We need the
traffic to feed our server to testing some kind of energy optimization
policy. Specifically, we need to (1). simulate a group of users, but each of
them has a different request frequency; (2) the total requests in the
system-scope should follow certain pattern, say normal distribution( or,
follow a trace file). The two may not necessarily be achieved in same test
run.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks very much.