jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dzmitry Kashlach <dzmitrykashl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC Connection Config
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:13:20 GMT
C.Vijayakumar <bcvijayakumar <at> altechindia.com> writes:

> Hi Sebb / Matt ,
>
> Am using JMeter for Load testing our Java application . I have some doubts
> on using JMeter . Could you please help me to solve my doubts pls ?
>
> My Tuning Parameters are as follows
>
> set HEAP=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m
> set NEW=-XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m
> set SURVIVOR=-XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=50%
> set TENURING=-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=2
> set EVACUATION=-XX:MaxLiveObjectEvacuationRatio=20%
> set RMIGC=-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000
> -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000
> set PERM=-XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
> set DEBUG=-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution
>

> I have defined the Heap size as 512 - 1024  & My RAM size is 512 MB . I have
> run my Test Plan using JDBC Connection configuration for 3964 concurrent
> users successfully .  If I use more than 4000 Users , JMeter shows Out of
> Memory error . Even if i tried running the test plan by changing the Heap
> size as 256 - 1024 , 768 - 1536 & 512 - 512 , there is no improvement on my
> concurrent users , still am getting Out of memory error message
>
> I tried the same test plan in another system which has 1 GB RAM , But in
> that system,   Only 2000 concurrent users have successfully completed and I
> got the same Out of Memory error .
>
> Could anyone / you please reveal me what I have to do to get proper results
> for more than 5000 Concurrent users ?
>
> Thanking you in Advance .
>
> Thanking you .
> With warm regards.,
> Vijayakumar.C

 Hi C.Vijayakumar,
Let me say, what I think about JMeter's problem with memory.
1.Do not use any Graph Listeners, they are too greedy and can waste your RAM
  There is some observation of this problem in article about JMeter
Listeners(http://blazemeter.com/blog/greedy-listeners-memory-leeches-
performance-testing)
2.If possible, do not use JMeter GUI at all, because it may be too heavy for
your PC. Some advices you can find in articles, devoted to "Running JMeter tests
in non-GUI mode"(http://blazemeter.com/blog/dear-abby-blazemeter-how-do-i-run-
jmeter-non-gui-mode) and collecting load test
results(http://blazemeter.com/blog/top-2-techniques-get-jmeter-test-results-non-
gui-mode)