jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uploading random files
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:52:52 GMT
On 22 June 2012 12:17, Dean Lozo <dean.lozo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> Since my Cookie issue got helpful responses that helped me resolve the
> issue, and some future ones. I decided to post here again. (Gotten far
> since last time!). I am only missing one more thing for me to be happy with
> the load testing. I need a way to upload a random file every time the
> Upload POST reques is run. I tried cheating by simply changing the
> "filename" value in the post, sadly this was a no go. I figured this was a

It should work. What exactly did not work?

Using CSV Data Set Config with HTTP POST works fine for me.

I set up a CSV file with 2 columns: name and path-name

CSV DataSet
- recycle on EOF: false
- stop thread on EOF: true
- variable names: NAME, PATH

Then use ${PATH} in the File Path field and ${NAME} in the Parameter
Name field of the "Send Files with Request" section.

This works fine for me.

> comming issue and started googling around. I stumbled upon a thread that
> seems to do what I want to:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8046447/testing-load-document-functionality-with-jmeter/8048644#8048644

Seems to be using BeanShell to generate a list of files at run-time.
Much better to do this before starting the test - or if it does have
to be done at run-time, that's work for a setUp thread group.

But not necessary for your case, and seems to be unnecessarily
complicated, even without the BeanShell sampler.