jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing flex protocol
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:20:55 GMT
If it's not known/documented what the protocol used is, one can sniff the
network traffic with a tool like Wireshark to determine the protocol
(unless it's proprietary one not defined by Wireshark, which then just
makes it TCP/IP or UDP packets).

Are you talking about Flex client app to Flex/Flash server communication,
or Flex/Flash/AIR client app communication with some website?

If the latter, it could just be HTTP (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC) from the client
to the server (or web service). But the former, I don't know what the
protocol would be but assume it still based on HTTP.