jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Doroz, Tomasz" <Tomasz.Do...@axadirect.pl>
Subject loop controller and loop count differences
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:09:46 GMT
I have a simple scenario
- log in
- perform search1
- perform search2
- perform serach3

Now, is there a difference between those two approaches
1. 10 threads, 1 loop, login + loop controller (3 loops) for search ( cookies cleared each
iteration )
2. 10 threads, 3 loops, once only controller for login + search  ( cookies not cleared each
iteration )

I believe, in theory, the behavior should be the same, ie. 10 users logging in and running
three searches, right?

So I ran both version and it seems that the second approach is much slower than the first
one. The number of requests is the same in both cases, but the response times are much worse
when the thread group loop count is higher than 1. The Active Threads over Time distribution
is pretty much the same.

Any idea why the second version runs slower? Is there some mistake in my reasoning that both
approaches should yield the same results?

td

Pomysl o srodowisku zanim wydrukujesz te wiadomosc.

AVANSSUR S.A. Oddzial w Polsce, ul. Chlodna 51, 00-867 Warszawa
tel. +48 22 599 90 00, fax +48 22 599 90 01, www.axadirect.pl
NIP 107-000-33-23, REGON 140408155
Wpisany do rejestru przedsiebiorcow prowadzonego przez Sad Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy, XII
Wydzial Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego, numer KRS 0000249486
AVANSSUR S.A. nalezy do Grupy AXA. Kapital zakladowy AVANSSUR S.A. wynosi 67 155 752,86 EUR