jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Krishna Kanth B. N." <KrishnaKanth...@infosys.com>
Subject JMeter issues
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:32:57 GMT
Hi,

Please help us resolve the below issues in JMeter 2.5.1.

We are using JMeter for performance evaluation of various applications (HTTP). We are facing
some issues and not getting accurate results.

Issue: Server web log count and JMeter Sampler count is not matching (ideally it should match
and with other internal tools it is exactly matches)
Scenario : We are generating some requests for 5 minutes (through Scheduler) from JMeter and
suppose if JMeter sampler count is showing 500 requests generated then we should see 500 requests
in web logs but we are seeing slightly higher number i.e 500 + 500 *0.09  = 504 or 505 requests.

Issue: In time based run (Scheduler for 5 minutes in the thread group), Transaction (multiple
pages in flow) not completing for last cycle.
Scenario : In a transaction if I have 2 pages (home page and next page), if I start 5 minute
run with 10 user, once my run is over my second page count is always less than my first page
at least by number of users -1 .  In this example I have considered 10 users so my second
page hit will be less than home page by 9 to 1. This is probably because the thread is terminated
after 5 minutes exactly there by preventing the currently active users to access the last
page. Is there a way to make JMeter complete all currently active threads gracefully when
Scheduler is enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
KrishnaKanth B N