jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to record JSF Spring framework web pages
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 14:06:15 GMT
On 31 May 2012 13:22, Kaviyarasu Arunachalam <kaviyarasu.a@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a scenario where one project team is facing issue in recording the web pages
using JSF (JavaServer Faces) framework. Started the JMeter by providing command line option
(as I am using internet behind the firewall). The web application under test is running locally
(intranet) in Tomcat Server. In JMeter--> http proxy server settings entered port as 8181
and clicked on start button in JMeter. I configured the Firefox browser with http proxy as
localhost and port as 8181. Then I opened the Firefox browser and typed the URL and started
doing the activity that I wanted to record. But to my surprise nothing was recorded.

What happens if you stop the JMeter proxy? Or even exit JMeter - does
the browser still see the pages?
If so, then the browser is bypassing the proxy, so of course JMeter
won't record anything.

> But I have done the recording for internet web pages like google.com etc. , I was able
to capture the requests for this. Even I tried few internet sites that was using JSF framework,
that was also recorded well. But I don't know why it was not captured for web pages (this
application is built on spring framework with JSF , RichFaces and javascript) that is running
locally. The URL will look like  http://ipno:8081/web/spring/....   (it's not the exact
one, just wanted to show you the thing).

> Can anyone from the group help me on how to record and proceed further. I am using JMeter
2.3.4 version.

That's quite old, but probably not relevant here.

> Thanks,
> Kavi
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The
e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator
or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of
authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it
and notify the sender immediately.