jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about __logn()
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 14:55:52 GMT
On 15 May 2012 13:46,  <llowder@oreillyauto.com> wrote:
> sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote on 05/14/2012 12:44:31 PM:
>
>> From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
>> To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
>> Date: 05/14/2012 12:51 PM
>> Subject: Re: Question about __logn()
>>
>> On 14 May 2012 17:30,  <llowder@oreillyauto.com> wrote:
>> > I have a BeanShell Sampler that I have placed into a Once Only
> Controller.
>> >
>> > In it, I have some code to help randomize my test in ways that I can't
>> > easily do.
>> >
>> > The code is :
>> >
>> > <start code>
>> > import java.io.*;
>> > import java.util.*;
>> > int n = 0;
>> > for(Scanner sc = new Scanner( new File("..\\tests\\LoadTest\\resources
>> > \\job_titles.txt") ); sc.hasNext(); )
>> > {
>> >  String line = sc.nextLine();
>> >  line = line.replaceAll(" ", "+");
>> >  vars.put("otl_JOB_TITLES_" + n, line);
>> >  n++;
>> > }
>> >
>> > vars.put("otl_Counter", Integer.toString(n));
>> >
>> > </end code>
>> >

>> > However, as I am still developing this, I wanted to add a line to write
> the
>> > value of the counter variable to the logfile.
>> >
>> > When I add ${__logn(Counter is: ${otl_Counter})}; to the end of the
> file,
>> > after the final vars.put(), I get the following error:
>> >

>> > 2012/05/14 11:22:43 ERROR - jmeter.util.BeanShellInterpreter: Error
>> > invoking bsh method: eval       Sourced file: inline evaluation of:
> ``import
>> > java.io.*; import java.util.*; int n = 0; for(Scanner sc = new Scanner
>> > ( n . . . '' Token Parsing Error: Lexical error at line 4, column 50.
>> > Encountered: "L" (76), after : "\"..\\tests\\"
>>

>> Read the error message - it's complaining about "L" after "tests\\"
>
> It's not actually an escaping issue - this code works without error if I
> don't have the call to the __logn() function.

So don't use the function call.

It does not make sense anyway to use it in a BeanShell script, because
it will be processed before the script is passed to the interpreter.

If you want to log from a BeanShell script, use the "log" object which
is provided.

> I've seen it do this before, where I had an error later in the code that
> was being masked by an escaping error.
>

>> Looks like an escaping error.
>>

> This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications
Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain
legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy
it immediately. Thank you.