jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: loading an xml file, modifying an element, 1K connections per second
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 23:52:42 GMT
>Well when I use apache bench, I can easily get over 5K requests per second
10 Threads making 100 requests each within 1 second  != 100 Threads making
10 requests each within 1 second. (even if the server still sees 1k
requests per second)

What you have to also consider is fidelity - how closely does your test
resemble unique machines making the same number of requests.

>But how can I tweak the xml file before it performs the post?
some of the pre/post processors can do it , ideally you want to create
everything you want before you start the test , but if thats not possible -
see something like
http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2011/02/dynamic-values-within-files.html

regards
deepak