jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shay Ginsbourg <sginsbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web-Interface to create Test-Plans
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 12:53:32 GMT
Interesting approach.

I support.

Shay

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Flavio Cysne <flaviocysne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just adding a bit more, I believe that JMeter don't need to have a web
> interface coupled to its code, but an extension project to let it be used
> with a web interface. I understand the point of view of the maintainers of
> JMeter and know that it will add up a huge piece of code to take care of
> too.
>
> I think that this new project would be a bit less complex and run
> by interested community members if JMeter's JMX file had a well-defined
> schema definition (
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/JMeterFAQ#Is_there_a_JMX_Schema.2BAC8-DTD_available.3F
> ).
>
> Sorry for my bad english, it's a work in progress. :)
>
> Regards.
> Flávio Cysne
>
> 2012/5/16 Flavio Cysne <flaviocysne@gmail.com>
>
> > A web interface for JMeter would be very useful if we are talking of
> > mobility. Let me explain. If you deploy JMeter in a distributed
> > environment, using cloud or not, and you want to start a test on a remote
> > site (out of your intranet) and you are not in your desk or not in front
> of
> > a computer or note/netbook, what could you do? If you have a tablet or
> > other device with internet connection and a reasonable screen, at this
> > moment, a web interface will be very useful.
> >
> > Other example would be when a company that adopts JMeter as its official
> > tool to do performance tests and have a wide range of professionals, a
> web
> > interface will be very useful, so you can evolve the web interface to
> stay
> > in tune with new releases of JMeter. This way you don't need to say to
> all
> > your employees that they have to download the new release and use it
> > because if they don't scripts will be messed up by those who hasn't
> listen
> > to the talk or read the memo and are still using an older version of
> JMeter
> > (believe me it happens).
> >
> > Regards.
> > Flávio Cysne

> >> Oh, so the JMeter GUI for creating test plans and running tests
> >> graphically
> >> can run on Linux (and Mac)? I thought it was Windows only and you run it
> >> in
> >> CLI mode on Linux. Good to know if JMeter GUI is cross-platform.

> >> problems...
> >>
> >> Yea, I know. I posted to this group for help before but came to no
> >> conclusion. Not sure where I can post for help. It's a funny issue too:
> >>
> >> Java runs fine, the only issue is with class path searching for certain
> >> libraries. It seems the class path mechanism is messed up at some areas
> >> that even a uninstall/reinstall of Java won't fix. Got to reinstall OS
> and
> >> prep from scratch.
> >>
> >> I can use Eclipse, compile Java code with external JAR references and
> [...]

Regulatory, Medical & Performance Testing Services:

* IEC 62304 Medical Device Software Life Cycle

* IEEE 829 Software Test Documentation

* ISO 14971 Medical Device Risk Management

* FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Software Validation

* IEC 60601-1:2005 3rd ED PEMS - Medical Electrical Equipment

* End-to-end verification, validation, and testing (VV&T)

* High quality service for FDA and CE submissions

* Reliable open source free testing tools

* Optional functionality and regression testing

* Software Performance & Load Testing

* Software Testing Advanced Automation

* Medical Software Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Regulatory Submission

* Organizational Regulatory Qualification

  Shay Ginsbourg

  Regulatory & Testing Affairs Consultant

  Formerly QA Manager of LoadRunner at Mercury Interactive

  M.Sc. cum laude in Bio-Medical Engineering

  M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering

Work:   035185873

Mobile: 0546690915

Email: sginsbourg@gmail.com