jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web-Interface to create Test-Plans
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 11:43:51 GMT
A web interface for JMeter would be very useful if we are talking of
mobility. Let me explain. If you deploy JMeter in a distributed
environment, using cloud or not, and you want to start a test on a remote
site (out of your intranet) and you are not in your desk or not in front of
a computer or note/netbook, what could you do? If you have a tablet or
other device with internet connection and a reasonable screen, at this
moment, a web interface will be very useful.

Other example would be when a company that adopts JMeter as its official
tool to do performance tests and have a wide range of professionals, a web
interface will be very useful, so you can evolve the web interface to stay
in tune with new releases of JMeter. This way you don't need to say to all
your employees that they have to download the new release and use it
because if they don't scripts will be messed up by those who hasn't listen
to the talk or read the memo and are still using an older version of JMeter
(believe me it happens).

Regards.
Flávio Cysne