jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kohn, Rodolfo" <rodolfo.k...@intel.com>
Subject JMeter agents in Amazon
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 14:35:48 GMT
Hello,
I'm running JMeter for distributed load test in Amazon.
When I run all components in the same AWS region, everything works OK because each host can
be addressed by its private IP address. In AWS hosts are assigned a private IP address and
a public IP address.

However, I found some problems when trying to execute with agents in different regions:

1-     JMeter client sends its IP address to the agent in a RMI message. The problem is that
the IP address identified by the JMeter client is the private IP, while I need it to send
the public IP.

2-     JMeter agent communicates back with the client through another port.

My questions are:

1-     Is there a possibility to indicate JMeter client to send a different IP address? It
could be configured.

2-     Is there a way to indicate the JMeter client port for the agent to communicate back?

Thanks,
Rodolfo