jmeter-user mailing list archives

From llow...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Re: PreProcessor and test fragment question
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:14:42 GMT
Shmuel Krakower <shmulikk@gmail.com> wrote on 04/19/2012 10:11:51 AM:
> You can put the pre processor on the same level as the samplers (instead
of
> as a child of each). I didnt got the second part of the question..

The second part of the question had to do with scope. Let's say that I have
a test plan as follows:

thread group
+test fragment to login
+module controller linked to various fragments to do core testing
+test fragment to logout

thread group
+core test 1
+core test 2
+core test N

Now, for example, if in my login test fragment, if I have a HTTP Request
Default, will the settings in that be used only in that fragment, or can it
be used by say, the requests/fragments pulled in by the module controller?

On this app I am testing, I have a lot of common things that have to be
done for each section, but I also have enough that will change each time
that I need to find some way to parameterize part of the tests and make
reuse of other parts as easy and as manageable as I can.

If there was a way to pass command line args to the module controller, (or
some other way to achieve that effect) that would be quite awesome.

Lee Lowder

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy
Act 18 USCS  2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately.
Thank you.