jmeter-user mailing list archives

From llow...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Login Form problems
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 16:44:00 GMT

I know this is a common problem, but this is something that has been giving
me trouble for several days now.

I am using jmeter 2.6 r1237317, and I did use the recording proxy to create
my test.  I have a cookie manager in place. I have tried both "Redirect
Automatically" and "Follow Redirects" , but I get the same results with
both. I have also (unsuccessfully) tried to setup the URL rewriter mod.

When I run the test I appear to get logged in correctly, but when I go to
the next page it does not see me as logged in.

I have used liveHTTP to look at the headers in the browser and I cannot
figure out what I am doing wrong. The main pages use cookies for the
session id, but some of the referenced .js files use it in the request as
part of the path.

One thing I have been able to determine is that when I run jmeter it is
logging in successfully when the authentication requests are made, it's
just not passing something to the protected pages.

What other things can I try? I have the feeling it is something relatively
simple that I am missing.

Thank you.

Lee Lowder

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy
Act 18 USCS  2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately.
Thank you.