jmeter-user mailing list archives

From llow...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Re: Additional problems with login form
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:47:45 GMT
Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote on 04/13/2012 12:29:20 PM:

> From: Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com>
> To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
> Date: 04/13/2012 12:36 PM
> Subject: Re: Additional problems with login form
>
> Hi
> a. So if the signature is failing , then either the signature itself is
> wrong or the data that is being signed is wrong. You have to do a request
> by request comparison

It turns out that the data being signed is wrong.  I turned up my logging
levels on the server and was able to see what actual cookies were being
used to generate the signature.

One of the cookies used has a space in it and this seems to be the cause of
the problem. Even though I can see the full data in the View Result Tree
listener, on the sever side it cuts off after the space. This, of course,
causes the signature to be wrong.

So my next step is to determine how to make jmeter include the data after
the space in the cookie it sends to the server.

> b. is the signature value always the same as you seem to imply? i.e. if I
> repeat the operation twice in the browser do i get the same value or
> different value. its possible that there is a timestamp or something that
> changes dynamically that you havent extracted out correctly in jmeter
(and
> are merely using the recorded value)

I was less than clear on this part, so please forgive me.  There is a
timestamp that changes, but this timestamp is established at the start of
the session and does not change on a per session basis.

The signature will be different for each session, but for a given session
will be the same for each request within that session.

As it turns out, it is breaking due to how jmeter is currently handing
spaces in the cookie data

> c. Any javascripted data/cookie
> I think you have to
> 1. See if you have any dynamically changing or javascripted data
> 2. Do a request by request comparison of browser v/s jmeter
>
> regards
> deepak

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy
Act 18 USCS  2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately.
Thank you.