jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Naresh Kumar <naresh.ku...@igatepatni.com>
Subject RE: J Meter - SSL Recognisation
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:25:11 GMT
Thanks Flavio for the info.
We need to load test webservice and it is in secured format viz https, we tried creating keystore
in jave and calling the webservice via SSL manager in J meter.......but his doesn't seems
to be working.

The keystore is available in java lib/security/cacerts......

Can you please advice what is the procedure to load test webservice with secured certificate
step by step process so that we can try this...
All our attempts seems to have failed.....

Your help on this is highly appreciated...................thanks

Regard's
Naresh Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Flavio Cysne [mailto:flaviocysne@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 April 2012 19:59
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: J Meter - SSL Recognisation

PKCS7 server certificates could be imported to truststore, but JMeter, per
default, trust all server certificates with no need of configuration.

We are talking about SSL Manager that serves as a pseudo-keystore that hold
digital certificate private keys. These type of certificates are, as far as
I can tell, PKCS12 format.

We had the same problems trying to import private keys from PKCS7 personal
certificates, but unsuccefully. After we got some PKCS12 certificates all
digital certificate testing are working properly.

PKCS12 certificates can be produced by OpenSSL.

Hope it helps you.
Flávio Cysne

2012/4/27 sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>

> On 27 April 2012 18:12, Naresh Kumar <naresh.kumar@igatepatni.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Flavio, I have server certificate in PKCS7 format and J meter
> doesn't seems to be recogninsing it.
> > Is there a way I can fix this...
>
> JMeter does almost no validation of server certificates.
>
> What is the error you are getting?
>
> > Also I tried creating key store in JAVA in bin and tried in lib as
> well...but some how J meter doesn't recognise this.............. :(
> >
> > Regard's
> > Naresh Kumar

agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily