jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generate Concurrent user load
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:42:08 GMT
well, loosly speaking, the words aren't exactly synonims and the way they
are usually used in java, jmeter relies on the differences between the
terms. I don't understand why this stands in your way.

i agree with your definition of simultaneous, regarding jmeter's threads.
THEN, synchronization will ensure that the configured number of threads
will do ONE specific action simultaneously, instead of ANY action. This is
actually what you want with this feature. Threads get de-synchronized
because of server response times, ramp up period and timers used in jmter's
script - which is good in terms of realism of test. If you actually require
that all threads (or some of them) start specific portions of a test
together (to overload that functionality), then you'll need to
re-synchronize them -> i.e. use this sync timer.

in my understanding, they are not the same thing. as for "will have active
sessions" - i can't tell you that; it will, if you're loging in correctly
with each single thread...