jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmeter properties to control test elements
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:03:02 GMT
>ut I want to be able to easily enable or disable certain assertions to be
able toggle between functional and load testing
Why do you want to do this? It's easier to add a machine to make up for the
loss of some CPU processing than it is to figure out if your system
actually worked correctly under load. Or in other words performance tests
must include functional checks imo.(we had a tester who got great perf
results - unfortunately what he was testing was how quickly the error page
loads when the system was loaded)

The only way I know to do what you want is to preprocess the JMX
file(treating it like any other XML) to strip out whatever you dont need or
add disabled attributes.

regards
deepak