jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Srdan Dukic <srdan.du...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter for monitoring and alerting
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 03:49:07 GMT
Hi,

I've got a large internal Wiki site that I've been tasked with improving
the performance of. The site only supports cookie-based authentication, so
I chose to use JMeter as it is very flexible and featureful and able to
handle this scenario very well.

I'd like to setup a system where JMeter constantly queries our slowest
pages on a time based period (every 10 minutes or so) and sends out alerts
if performance drops. It would also be great if it could integrate with a
monitoring system like Nagios or Hyperic and also support trending.

I've been looking around to try and find an existing example of how to do
this, and have found some Nagios plugins that do this (e.g.
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Java-Applications-and-Servers/jmeter-invocation-plugin-II/details)
however they seem to be quite crude. I'd be happy to write my own custom
plugin, however I was hoping that someone else had already ran into this
use-case.

Has anyone used JMeter for monitoring before? Is there an easy way to use
JMeter for what I need it to do, or would I be better off searching for a
different tool?

Thank you
--
Srđan Đukić