jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shmuel Krakower <shmul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to simulate asynchronous calls..
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:37:25 GMT
Hi,
Yes, you are right, this is exactly what will happen in your case, the
transaction controller will sum up all of the samplers response times,
which doesn't reflect the browser behavior (as on browser it will run them
in parallel).

1. I usually separate each Ajax call, although these Ajax calls are part of
the page rendering, I believe each should be monitored by itself, this
allowing you to say if you have performance problem with one of them. It is
less important to load the system with these requests in parallel per each
user, as you will end up load testing the system with more than one user,
thus these Ajax calls will be executed in parallel during a load test
anyway.
2. I really think some kind of parallel controller can be useful for these
type of cases, to make them more close to reality. What do others think of
this?

Shmuel.