jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jomebrew <aiellos...@gmail.com>
Subject Displaying a counter during load test
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:35:09 GMT
I run several instances of my script load testing a http based
feature.  An example of the script is where I have two thread pools.
The first logs in to the http service and receives a security token.
I export this token along with the user ID as a properties variable.
The second thread pool uses the global properties value to log in with
the existing token.

Both thread pools run at the same time and are in a perpetual loop
(unless an error occurs).  One thread waits for push like events and
the second sends various admin transactions.

I want to be able to set a counter when I receive a response that
contains some specific value.  I want to display a counter of these
events during runtime.

Because I have 500 threads per instance and have hundreds of thousands
of transactions, I use the aggregate stats tool.  I would like to have
the counter show up here but anywhere I can watch a  set of user
defined counters would be fine as long as I can still run 500 threads.

Any advise would be appreciated.

/Joe