jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jomebrew <aiellos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Displaying a counter during load test
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:04:17 GMT
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 April 2012 17:20, Jomebrew <aielloster@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I put aside the counter for now.  I am looking how to exploit user
>> variables in the log file.  Maybe I will figure out how to build a BSF
>> or other post processor to parse the body looking for key words and
>> increment a global counter.  It is JSON data so I am looking for
>> something like TEL:Event.  Google is helping.   slowly...
>>
>> I have learned a couple things
>>
>> 1. Random Variable and Pre Processors will only be executed if there
>> is a sampler.  No sampler, and I get stack overflow for the pre
>> processor.  No Sampler, no Random Variable.
>
> Pre-Processors obviously require a sampler ...

I don't expect a stack overflow though.

>> 2. ${__Random(1,100)} == 2 as the script in an IF Controller does not
>> work.  Always returns true.
>
> Works OK for me.

In my test, This works as in it does not error but it always returns
true and executes the children samplers every pass.  I am running 2.6
build 1308652.

I have a loop controller with two child IF controllers with children
samplers.  Using this script sample, they both execute each loop pass.

>> 3. Creating a 1% change a sampler will execute is difficult especially
>> when you don't want dummy samplers in the aggregate report and others.
>
> s/change/chance/ ?

I do not understand your comment.

> Have you tried the Throughput Controller with Percentage execution?

Yes I tried.  There is a 100% chance then 0% the next 99.  I want a 1%
chance every pass.

Thanks for your comments.
Joe