jmeter-user mailing list archives

From oliver lloyd <oliver_ll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Feeding a JDBC sampler with multiple SQL statements from a SQL script file
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 16:36:42 GMT
On 6 Apr 2012, at 17:17, Wolfgang Wyremba wrote:

> Hello,
>

> In the past, I always added a JDBC sampler for each single SQL statement - that worked
without problems.

> But now I have a SQL script with dozens of SQL statements (one line per SQL statement
always ending with a semicolon) which I want to run in JMeter.

> It is quite time consuming to set up JMeter with a JDBC sampler for each SQL statement.
>
> So, is there a way to "feed" a JDBC sampler with an external file, holding different
SQL statements?
Yes, you can pass a variable directly into the SQL statement itself. Eg. In the Query edit
box, you might have something like:

INSERT INTO `myDB`.`emails` (`email`) VALUES ('${myEmail}');

Where ${myEmail} is a jmeter variable.

> I could find one posting in this mailling list, discussing this issue using CSV data
set configs:
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/How-to-run-SQL-log-against-database-td525660.html
>
> However, I am not sure, whether this is the right solution and additionally I could not
manage to get it working.

Sounds like a good solution to me, there may be others, but this would certainly work and
actually, probably isn't all that hard. You just ahve to get the CSV Dataset Config to work.

What exactly is it that is causing you trouble?

> If this is the right solution to my problem, can someone share with me how to connect
the csv file with the JDBC sampler?
> What should be file format of the csv file and what do I have to configure in the csv
data set config and JDBC sampler?

See my link above, but if your file contains SQL then it's probably a good idea to "quote"
it.