jmeter-user mailing list archives

From venkatakurathi <venkat.akura...@hotmail.com>
Subject how to simulate asynchronous calls..
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 08:45:03 GMT
Hi

please help me in understanding the below mentioned situation...let me know
whether it is possible to do so or not..

in my application(flex application) test plan contains the following
elemnts..

testplan
--thread group
-------home(transaction controller)
-------login(transaction controller)
-------drilldown(transaction controller)
-------uploadfile(transaction controller)
-------downloadfile(transaction controller)
-------logout(transaction controller)

there are some samples in few transactions which are asynchronous.....

1) is it possible to send few samplers in a controller at a
time(simultaneously)...i feel that the samplers in jmeter are send one by
one..(correct me if am wrong)..is it possible to simulate few samplers in a
transaction at a time.
as per my understnading using synchronizing timer will wait for remainig all
the threads to reach that state...and call will made to that by all users at
a time.
i want to acheive the similar act within a transaction controller.

2)when i run the test with single user without giving any delay/deviation in
my gussian random timer ..i got results in aggregate report are...

and when provided some deviation in timer the values varies ...

i am very confused with this....
can some one explain me how j meter calculates the response times?
does using different controllers vary the response times?

 waiting for your valuable suggestions:(