jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Naresh Kumar <naresh.ku...@igatepatni.com>
Subject RE: J Meter fails when thread count is increased.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 22:45:06 GMT
Thanks , distributed load testing seems to work.
Will revert in case of issues.

Between if I use 10 mcahines and use 1000 threads on each machines , will this impact on the
test results.
Can someone please confirm.

Regard's
Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Flavio Cysne [mailto:flaviocysne@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 March 2012 16:38
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: J Meter fails when thread count is increased.

We used to execute distributed testing using JMeter agent (jmeter -s)
with 1,5GB, under a virtualized Linux CentOS with 2 cores processors and
3GB RAM box.

Keep in mind that for better results the cpu/memory usage don't be higher
than 80%. It can cause anomalies to test results in some cases.

Hope it helps you.
Flávio Cysne

2012/3/1 ZK <stevesenior69@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> 6000 threads seems like a lot to me for 1 machine
> I normally dont go above 300 threads per load injector
>
> ZK
>
> --

Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to iGATE
Patni and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying
or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately
and notify the originator or mailadmin@igatepatni.com. iGATE Patni does not enter into any
agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily
reflect the view of iGATE Patni. iGATE Patni is not responsible for the consequences of any
actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an
attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer
system. While iGATE Patni has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we
cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about
iGATE Patni please visit www.igatepatni.com.