jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Naresh Kumar <naresh.ku...@igatepatni.com>
Subject J Meter fails when thread count is increased.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:46:34 GMT
Hi,

We are performing load testing on the web services, below is structure of our test plan.

Ø  Thread Group

Ø  Webservice SOAP Request

Ø  View Results in Table

Ø  View Results Tree

Ø  HTTP Authorization Manager

We get below error when we try to run 6000 threads in 1 min ramp up time.

Error Message : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:unable to create new native thread' and the test
stops.
After increasing heap size also we are getting 'ERROR - jmeter.JMeter: Uncaught exception:

Also what is the max threads J meter can support from single machine, we have plan to run
54000 threads in 1 hour
Is there a workaround possible.

Please help !

Regard's
Kumar

________________________________
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to iGATE
Patni and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying
or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately
and notify the originator or mailadmin@igatepatni.com. iGATE Patni does not enter into any
agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily
reflect the view of iGATE Patni. iGATE Patni is not responsible for the consequences of any
actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an
attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer
system. While iGATE Patni has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we
cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about
iGATE Patni please visit www.igatepatni.com.