jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ryan <grigg...@gmail.com>
Subject Website Login Issue
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 20:57:06 GMT
It's been a while since I've used JMeter and recently started using it
again to test one of our webapps here. It is a pretty standard ASP.Net 4
app, nothing crazy. I implemented a simple test script just to make sure
login works as expected, but I cannot get this thing to work.

The steps are pretty simple:
/login.aspx
/default.aspx
/logout.aspx
/login.aspx

For the first login.aspx call, I'm including two parameters in the POST to
pass the login name and password values that are expected. In my View
Results Tree, this step does include the correct POST data and login
parameters.

However, once it moves to the /default.aspx step, the only response I get
is:

<h2>Object moved to <a href="/timeout.aspx">here</a>.</h2>

It then adds a step calling the /timeout.aspx page, which outputs the
following response:

<h2>Object moved to <a href="/login.aspx">here</a>.</h2>

It then calls the /login.aspx page. This is the correct behavior if the
user is not logged in any longer (meaning a specific session value is no
longer valid or has been removed)...it redirects to /timeout.aspx which
then forwards to /login.aspx. The question is why this is happening, as
this is not what happens in the browser.

I have an HTTP Cookie Manager to store the session values, and the session
cookie is showing up in the step request.

I figured I screwed something up so I recorded a test script with the HTTP
Proxy Server and it gave me the exact same steps and results as when I
manually created it, so I'm stuck at this point. I've double-checked the
web site script tutorials on the JMeter site as well as around the web and
it should be working.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.