jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Erik Pragt <erik.pr...@jworks.nl>
Subject Re: Display total execution time for test plan
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:55:11 GMT
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the super quick reply. I'm a bit surprised by your first
remark though, so maybe I'm having a wrong approach here.

I'm currently developing an application which might have some
performance issues. Our current target is around 1000 simultaneous
logged in users, and around 10 concurrent 'clicks'. My current
approach was to sort of simulate that behavior in JMeter, check how
long it takes for the simulated users to finish their flows, make some
adjustments, test again, and check if my simulated users are faster
than before. Based on this, I need the total execution time, but
apparently this is not the usual approach, else it would certainly
have been in there somewhere.

Could you recommend what would be a better way to test my scenario?
I'm not a performance rock star at all, so I'm very curious what would
be an effective way in improving the application and using JMeter as
the load generator in that.

Kind regards,

Erik Pragt