jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary Report in JM2.6 shows Avg. Bytes only for main page
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:25:51 GMT
On 6 March 2012 20:04, Robin D. Wilson <rwilson2@gmail.com> wrote:
> In JMeter 2.4, the Summary Report showed Avg. Bytes as the total bytes for the sample
and all sub-samples associated with it. In
> JM2.6 it appears that it now only shows the Avg. Bytes for the main sample, and none
of the embedded resources.

Looks like a bug - the parent sample total bytes = parent sample body
bytes = 1st sample body bytes
So the header bytes are being ignored as well.

> Is there a way to alter this so that it shows the Avg. Bytes for the sample and all its
sub-samples again? For certain types of
> tests, I really need to know the total number of bytes downloaded because of the request
(sample).

If you save the test data as XML the sizes of the embedded samples are
saved correctly, so you could potentially re-analyse from that.

Otherwise it requires fixing the code.
As a work-round it might be possible to write a BSF/BSH PostProcessor
to fix up the size result field for any parent samples.