jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What does mean by "Thread Name" and "Sample Time" columns?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:08:30 GMT
I've told you, ignore the thread name for now. It would be easier to
understand. The request named "Home" took 20s. Its as simple as that and it
probably is too much, your app works either to slow on the test environment
or you are making too much load. And yes, its the request that the 220th
user made.

Use the Aggregate Graph and check out the average result and 90% line for
all Home page requests, its irrelevant to take request by request, they all
take about the same time if you check the other requests so look the
aggregation of all samplers.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Amit Kumar <amit.srpce@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thank you for your valuable time and sorry for your inconvenience. Let me
> paste some rows of the result table.
>
> Sampele #      Start Time    Thread Name   Lable    Sample
> Time(ms)              Status                    Bytes
> 17      19:26.6
>     Thread Group 1-8
> Home     21684
> Success 41629  18 19:26.6
>     Thread Group 1-220
> Home     22095
> Success 41629  19 19:27.7
>     Thread Group 1-300
> Home     21037
> Warning 1473
> And I have to explain these results to my senior that's why I am asking
> these questions. These were the first few questions from him to me.
> Lets take an example *sampler #18*, here you see *thread Name=Thread Group
> 1-220 *and *Sample Time(ms)=22095ms*. So my question is, is this *sample
> time *for *220th user *or *220 users collectively*?
>
> And what is mean by *Status=Success* and *Status=Warning?
>
> *
> Thanks,
> -Amit
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Adrian Speteanu <asp.adieu@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish and I've rarely used the
> > results table. I doubt I can help.
> >
> > You identify a request usually by its label. I would suggest ignoring
> > thread name for a while. Then look at sample time (how much it took for
> the
> > server to respond), status ok/not ok. This is all you need to know. How
> you
> > pasted the results, they don't make sense to me, it should be first
> thread
> > name, then sample time (this is the default order of the columns).
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Amit Kumar <amit.srpce@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Adrian,
> > >
> > > Thanks again, but I still not getting. I got following result in table.
> > >
> > > Thread Name                             Sample Time
> > >  Thread Group 1-287
> > > 47902  Thread Group 1-165
> > > 49269  Thread Group 1-119
> > > 49917
> > > And my question is- For Thread Name- '1-287' there is Sample Time=47902
> > ms.
> > > So, is this Sample Time for '287th' user or '1 to 287' users
> > collectively?
> > > Please add some focus, I am too confused.
> [...]
In
> > your

> amit.srpce@gmail.com>

> > amit.srpce@gmail.com>