jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Will Jessop <w...@37signals.com>
Subject JMeter GUI client sending wrong source IP.missing statistics
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:06:47 GMT
Hi All,

I have a problem getting statistics back from remote JMeter servers.
Here's my setup:

My machine (JMeter GUI) -> VPN -> Remote network (datacentre, JMeter
server instances)

Networks on my machine:
192.168.1.70 local network
10.10.13.30 VPN

I have a JMeter server started in the datacentre:

RMI_HOST_DEF=-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=10.10.0.95 bin/jmeter-server

It starts up fine and receives commands from the GUI. I'm setting
RMI_HOST_DEF because the hostname points to 127.0.0.1 on the host.
Seems to be an Ubuntu thing.

On my local machine starts JMeter starts listening just fine, this
from the firewall log:

Mar 21 23:31:11 octobrain Firewall[20687]: java is listening from
::ffff:0.0.0.0:63872 proto=6

I can telnet back to my machine on this port from the same server that
JMeter-server is started on so it's not a firewall issue. I can start
remote tests using my local GUI and these get executed by the remote
JMeter server instances. What I'm missing is the statistics that these
tests generate. I've tried a bunch of stuff to make this work all to
no avail.

In my jmeter-server.log I am getting a clue though. When I run a test
the server log reports the error. Here's the interesting bit: