jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Amit Kumar <amit.sr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What does mean by "Thread Name" and "Sample Time" columns?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:53:21 GMT
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your valuable time and sorry for your inconvenience. Let me
paste some rows of the result table.

Sampele #      Start Time    Thread Name   Lable    Sample
Time(ms)              Status                    Bytes
17      19:26.6
     Thread Group 1-8
Home     21684
Success 41629  18 19:26.6
     Thread Group 1-220
Home     22095
Success 41629  19 19:27.7
     Thread Group 1-300
Home     21037
Warning 1473
And I have to explain these results to my senior that's why I am asking
these questions. These were the first few questions from him to me.
Lets take an example *sampler #18*, here you see *thread Name=Thread Group
1-220 *and *Sample Time(ms)=22095ms*. So my question is, is this *sample
time *for *220th user *or *220 users collectively*?

And what is mean by *Status=Success* and *Status=Warning?

*
Thanks,
-Amit

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Adrian Speteanu <asp.adieu@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish and I've rarely used the
> results table. I doubt I can help.
>
> You identify a request usually by its label. I would suggest ignoring
> thread name for a while. Then look at sample time (how much it took for the
> server to respond), status ok/not ok. This is all you need to know. How you
> pasted the results, they don't make sense to me, it should be first thread
> name, then sample time (this is the default order of the columns).
>
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Amit Kumar <amit.srpce@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Adrian,
> >
> > Thanks again, but I still not getting. I got following result in table.
> >
> > Thread Name                             Sample Time
> >  Thread Group 1-287
> > 47902  Thread Group 1-165
> > 49269  Thread Group 1-119
> > 49917
> > And my question is- For Thread Name- '1-287' there is Sample Time=47902
> ms.
> > So, is this Sample Time for '287th' user or '1 to 287' users
> collectively?
> > Please add some focus, I am too confused.
> > Thanks in advance !!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amit
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Adrian Speteanu <asp.adieu@gmail.com
> > >wrote:

> 1-299
> > > >

> > > Well, how would you expect them to be created? Its a very simplistic
> > > representation and, thus, efficient -> now you can use the results
> table
> > > understand that thread #299 of the 1st thread group made request X and
> it
> > > had that exact result (this is very useful when debugging a test's
> > > behaviour, logging an exception encountered).

> asp.adieu@gmail.com

> > > than
> > you'll
> > > group.