jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shay Ginsbourg <sginsbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website Login Issue
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:43:31 GMT
1. Should check the possibility of working with -> "JMeter OAuth Sampler".

2. Also, can download 30-days trial free RADVIEW WEBLOAD -> record, replay,
auto-correlate, and gain some new insight into your Jmeter script.

Good luck!
Shay

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 22:15, Ryan <griggsrl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've double checked everything that the browser requests and all
> parameters match up with the JMeter http request configuration for the
> login action, including the ASP.Net parameters. I'm using JMeter 2.6, for
> the record.
>
> I've attached an image showing the request configuration, the actual
> request contents and the browser's request contents for comparison.
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Deepak Shetty <shettyd@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> your probably not extracting out the dynamic asp.net parameters
>> (viewstate
>> ,eventvalidation etc)
>> otherwise compare what browser sends and receives.
>>
>> regards
>> deepak
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Ryan <griggsrl@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > It's been a while since I've used JMeter and recently started using it
>> > again to test one of our webapps here. It is a pretty standard ASP.Net 4
>> > app, nothing crazy. I implemented a simple test script just to make sure
>> > login works as expected, but I cannot get this thing to work.
>> >
>> > The steps are pretty simple:
>> > /login.aspx
>> > /default.aspx
>> > /logout.aspx
>> > /login.aspx
>> >
>> > For the first login.aspx call, I'm including two parameters in the POST
>> > pass the login name and password values that are expected. In my View
>> > Results Tree, this step does include the correct POST data and login
>> > parameters.
>> >
>> > However, once it moves to the /default.aspx step, the only response I
>> get
>> > is:

>> > <h2>Object moved to <a href="/timeout.aspx">here</a>.</h2>
>> >
>> > It then adds a step calling the /timeout.aspx page, which outputs the
>> > following response:

>> > <h2>Object moved to <a href="/login.aspx">here</a>.</h2>
>> >
>> > It then calls the /login.aspx page. This is the correct behavior if the
>> > user is not logged in any longer (meaning a specific session value is no
>> > longer valid or has been removed)...it redirects to /timeout.aspx which
>> > then forwards to /login.aspx. The question is why this is happening, as
>> > this is not what happens in the browser.
>> >
>> > I have an HTTP Cookie Manager to store the session values, and the
>> session
>> > cookie is showing up in the step request.
>> >
>> > I figured I screwed something up so I recorded a test script with the
>> HTTP
>> > Proxy Server and it gave me the exact same steps and results as when I
>> > manually created it, so I'm stuck at this point. I've double-checked the
>> > web site script tutorials on the JMeter site as well as around the web
>> and
>> > it should be working.
>> >
>> > Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Regulatory, Medical & Performance Testing Services:

* IEC 62304 Medical Device Software Life Cycle

* IEEE 829 Software Test Documentation

* ISO 14971 Medical Device Risk Management

* FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Software Validation

* IEC 60601-1:2005 3rd ED PEMS - Medical Electrical Equipment

* End-to-end verification, validation, and testing (VV&T)

* High quality service for FDA and CE submissions

* Reliable open source free testing tools

* Optional functionality and regression testing

* Software Performance & Load Testing

* Software Testing Advanced Automation

* Medical Software Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Regulatory Submission

* Organizational Regulatory Qualification

  Shay Ginsbourg

  Regulatory & Testing Affairs Consultant

  Formerly QA Manager of LoadRunner at Mercury Interactive

  M.Sc. cum laude in Bio-Medical Engineering

  M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering

Work:   035185873

Mobile: 0546690915

Email: sginsbourg@gmail.com