jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Ide <flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing DOM using JMeter
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:00:00 GMT
Usually with a web browser it creates the document for you. Jmeter isn't a
web browser, but the javascript library should be complete. I haven't tried
it myself because I always use Xpath, but I bet you could create a DOM
document from a string and then use DOM to access the elements after that.

http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_parser.asp

See the bit on loading an XML element from string. Given an http request
element in Jmeter, if you add a post-processor to load the entire http
response into a variable (I think a regex with .* will work,) you could
then try to use this method to create a document from the response string.
I'd honestly be surprised if it doesn't work, though it might take a little
tinkering to get it completely correct.

--
Bruce Ide
FlyingRhenquest@gmail.com