jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shirish <shirish.ganje...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg: Extracting values at run time and passing it to the next request
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 08:02:42 GMT
Hi All,

While working on a script, I am stuck in a situation which is as...
On searching my application responds me with more than 1000 records, among
which I need to select say 5 records randomly and perform some operation on
the selected records. Now while performing an operation on the selected
ID's I need to provide *Three parameters for each record* like below
highlighted ones...

Name: selectedRowsAsJson
Value: %5B%7B%22name_sort%22%3A%22${*selectmultipleSPNs1*
}%22%2C+%22org_name_sort%22%3A%22${*org_name_sort1*}%22%2C+%22id%22%3A%22${*
supplierpart_id1*}%22%7D%2C%7B%22...*+ add four more parameters *

Now to fetch the above highlighted Parameters I wrote some 5 Regular
Expressions for three parameters prior to sending this records from where i
fetch these dynamic values.

Query:
I am asked to perform above action on more than 500 parts.. So i am
confused doing so as I need to provide dynamically fetched number to the
next request ... Please advise me how to cover this.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Shirish G.