jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Brian Devaney <bdeva...@docfinity.com>
Subject Re: Regular Expression Extractor problems
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 20:16:26 GMT
I've changed the Respnse Field to Body and that set the reference name
variable to:

docid=&quot;8a8a823435cf9a2c0135d03b08350388&quot;

The problem is that while it is a hex string, there are many others in
the returned data that resemble it.  I need the hex string delimited by
"docid="

As a test I had the template set to "$0$" to show the string I was
matching.  That is now at $1$ and the proper delimited string is
returned.

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It seems my basic mistake was using
the Body (unescaped) option.

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 20:05 +0000, sebb wrote:

> On 2 March 2012 19:37, Brian Devaney <bdevaney@docfinity.com> wrote:
>
> [Please use plain text]
>

> > I am trying to use the Regular Expression Extractor to process search results from
a web service call.  I have a regex that correctly identifies the data I want, but I do not
know why it does not get assigned to the reference name.

> So what does the reference name get set to?
>
> > The extractor is set to apply to the main sample only. with the body (unescaped)
option selected.  The other settings are:
> > regex: docid=&quot;(\w{32})&quot;
> > Template: $1$
> > Match No.: 0
>
> Do you really want a random match?
>
> > Default Value: NOT FOUND
> >
> > A small section of the data that is returned and that I am trying to get a ID pulled
from is:

> >   &lt;/columns&gt;&lt;result docid=&quot;8a8a823435cf9a2c0135d03b08350388&quot;
docTypeId=&quot;8a8a823435cf5cd60135cf6ca97a3b7e&quot;

> > As part of the regex, I have also tried \w* and \w*?
>
> You could also use
>
> [a-f0-9]+
>
> as the value seems to be lowercase hex.
>
> > The idea is to get the unique identifier with the surrounding quotes stripped off.
 I have Mozilla Firefox's Regular Expression Tester and the regex does find the right ID along
with the quotes and docid=.

> However, the Firefox plugin may not be using the same RE engine - or
> indeed using exactly the same input data.
>
> > From the help, it looks like the parenthesis indicate which part of the string that
matches is to be assigned to the Reference Name variable.