jmeter-user mailing list archives

From James Carr <JamesC...@carfax.com>
Subject Progressively adding "users"
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:25:57 GMT
As part of some database benchmarking my team has been trying to do to help determine capacity
I've been using Jmeter's JDBC Sampler and a Summary Report listener to try and gauge at what
point we'll begin to see an upward curve in what a single node database can handle.

So far our process has gone like this:

1.       Run with ten threads, 10 max connections, for 240 seconds

2.       Record results in excel

3.       Repeat step three until we reach 100 concurrent connections

4.       Plot graph from results

My questions is... is this the "right way" to do this, or will I be getting dubious results?
Also, is there some way to automate this setup rather than changing the numbers and running
10 times?

Thanks,
James