jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:55:59 GMT
On 2 February 2012 13:30, Miguel Godinho da Fonseca
<Luis.Fonseca@bci.co.mz> wrote:
> Hi There!
>
> I have here an issue that I don't even know if it's my misusage or a real issue.
> In order to load test a web application I need to simulate request's from different hosts.
This because, the web application validates the host via its IP address.

> So I was thinking in using the property from HTTP Request Source IP address and load
the IP's from a dataset.
> It did not worked as expected. I sent the request's from an address different from the
ones I intended.

> After this I have tried a different approach: Force Jmeter to send all request from the
same address by configuring it in the Jmeter.properties file as shown above:
> #httpclient.localaddress=1.2.3.4
> httpclient.localaddress=10.2.31.253
>
> Same behavior. Meaning that it kept sending request from the same address.
>
> Please keep in mind that for every configuration change I have restarted Jmeter.
> I'm Using:
> SO: XP SP2;
> Jmeter 2.5.1;
> java version "1.6.0_30"
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Which Sampler? Which HTTP Implementation?
The above properties don't apply to the Java implementation.