jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Response time diff for webservices in SOAP UI & J Meter
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:48:16 GMT
On 10 February 2012 15:42, Naresh Kumar <naresh.kumar@igatepatni.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Can anyone please let me know as to why there is diff of response time when we run single
request from SOAP UI and from J meter.
> If there any additional samplers we need to add to correct this.
>
> Test Plan structure :
>
> Thread group
> Web service(SOAP) Request
> HTTP Authorization Manager
> User defined variables
> Login Config element
>
> Response time details below for 1 request posted :
>
> SOAP UI : 53 ms
> J meter : 294 ms

The WebService (SOAP) sampler uses a very old soap library, but I'm
suprised it makes so much difference.
Perhaps the request it generates is being handled differently.
Or maybe you are measuring different things.

Try using XML-RPC instead, or use the raw data feature of the Http Sampler.

Also look into using a protocol analyser such as Wireshark; that will
show you how the requests differ.

> ________________________________
> Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary
to iGATE Patni and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this
e-mail immediately and notify the originator or mailadmin@igatepatni.com. iGATE Patni does
not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual
do not necessarily reflect the view of iGATE Patni. iGATE Patni is not responsible for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email.
The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage
your own computer system. While iGATE Patni has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise
this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software
viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know
more about iGATE Patni please visit www.igatepatni.com.