jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter adding to response time
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 12:45:52 GMT
On 2 February 2012 05:03, Stanton W Derry <derry@cpt.com> wrote:
> I'm performance testing a set of web services with an expected response time
> of ~20-25ms.   I've developed the script using HTTP Request (Http 3.1)
> samplers doing POSTs with a SOAP payload.  The samplers have Response
> Assertions, Regular Expression Extractors, and some have XPath Extractors.
>  The results have created a bit of a quandry. The average response times in
> JMeter are in the range of 50-60ms and the average request times on the web
> servers is ~15ms.  The network latency is < 1ms from the JMeter load
> generators to the web servers.
>
> Question:  Is JMeter processing adding in the additional  35-45ms?

Very unlikely unless JMeter or the host is so busy that it cannot
service all its threads promptly.
But in that case I would expect to see wide variations in elapsed time
between threads .

You could try using HttpClient 4.x instead of 3.1 and see if that
makes a difference.

> Does the response time include processing of the assertions and extractors?

No, not unless you use a Transaction Controller.