jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "wget" with Apache HttpClient?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 00:56:03 GMT
On 7 February 2012 22:53, Havard Blok <hrblok@google.com> wrote:
> Background: This assumes a custom implemented sampler, which combines
> multiple type of requests in the runTest() call, e.g. HTTP, GWT RPC. For
> the HTTP part, we would like to download the full page, including
> referenced objects like images, .js, .css.
>
> Using the Apache HttpClient API, it is easy to request a single HTML page,
> and read back the response. (Doc:
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/fundamentals.html#d5e43).
> However, is there also an extension of this API which will download the
> other objects referenced in the initial HTML? That would include things
> like images, Java Script files, CSS. Thus providing a functionality similar
> to the command line tool wget.

This is out of scope for HttpClient, but JMeter already offers the
option to download embedded resources.

> One option is of course going with a tool like Selenium / Web Driver,
> however, at this point we don't really need the rendering part (and might
> not be able to run the browser component of these tools). We would just
> like to exercise the server by downloading these extra static objects.
> Writing our own HTML parser for this seems redundant, so I'm hoping there
> is a library for this already.

There may be a 3rd party library, but JMeter already implements this.

> Regards,
> Havard

P.S. for some odd reason your posts always get flagged as spam /
possible spoof by my GMail, and at least one other person has noticed
the same.