jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't put to Work the property from HTTP Request Source IP address
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:23:30 GMT
On 2 February 2012 14:14, Miguel Godinho da Fonseca
<Luis.Fonseca@bci.co.mz> wrote:
> It's a Kind of restricted!
>
> It's a Bank application that only allows each host or user (they ate not mutual exclusive)
to connected only once.
> During login the web application reads the source IP Address and matches it with a host
on the database. So if I'm using Jmeter from the same host... I'm in trouble :)

You are also likely to be in trouble if you try and access the app
from behind a NAT router.

> So I have thought about using HTTP-Request-Source-IP-address and create separate LAN
cards on my host and use these new addresses.
> What I'm saying is that neither HTTP-Request-Source-IP-address or forcing a host address
via httpclient.localaddress.

> Can you explain further what do you mean when you say "This only works using HttpClient
sampler "?

Have you read:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

Read up on "Implementation".

> Kind Regards,
> Miguel

on added to the relevant whitelist of IPs. If load balancing then, basically, jmeter does
not support ip spoofing. Depending on the exact setup of the load balancer algorithm you can
*potentially* get away with simply using multiple hosts to run the test from (keep in mind
some load balancers base traffic on DNS, in this case do some research on 'Java DNS caching').

> If your host has multiple IPs then httpclient.localaddress allows you to chose one for
each running instance of jmeter. This only works using HttpClient sampler.