jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using quotes in CSV Data Set Config
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:18:39 GMT
On 13 February 2012 09:06, danimni <danimni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Small question regarding 'CSV Data Set Config' - I am trying to do something
> that I am not sure it can be done.
> I am using in my scripts many XPath assertions. many of them are to verify
> I’ve logged in/out successfully.
> Due to some Look&Feel changes in project, the login page is always changing.
> as a result, my XPath assertion always fails.
> so I was thinking about putting all my XPath assertions in a property file.
> problem is all XPath assertions contains quotes
> For example: //*[text()="Log In"] or //span[text()="Log Out"]
> in my property file I entered:
> "//*[text()="Log In"]","//span[text()="Log Out"]"
> as a result the variable are not solved.
> I saw the "Allow quote data?" option, but i do not understand how to use
> it..
>
> Any ideas?

You only need to use quoted data if the field contains a delimeter.

Either choose a different delimiter that does not occur anywhere in
your data, or quote any fields that contain the delimiter (and select
allow quoted data).

If the field contains the quote character, then you need to escape
that by doubling it.

In your case, it looks like you don't need to use quotes at all.