jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regular expression with escape characters and Jmeter variable
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:14:36 GMT
> It will be really helpful if someone could explain why two "\" is needed?
This is a guess - i havent verified. but you usually need as many
backslashes as the number of systems for which this is a special character.
So \ is a special character to Jmeter but $ is a special character for
regex's
So what you really want \$ to be sent to the regex , you need to escape \
for Jmeter(since it will process the string first) => you need \\$ which
jmeter will parse and send to the regex as \$

regards
deepak