jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shay Ginsbourg <sginsbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving to Java 1.6 for a future JMeter release?
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 05:58:01 GMT
 Since the automatic JAVA update process is installed alongside JVM on the
Jmeter workstations as opposed to the SUT hosts, there may actually be no
good reason to limit Jmeter to EOL JAVA versions.

Shay

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Kirk Pepperdine
<kirk.pepperdine@gmail.com>wrote:

> 1.6 is soon to be EOL. My guess is (and we can ask Donald Smith from
> Oracle) the only thing keeping 1.6 from being EOL'ed is the lateness of the
> 1.7 and the fact that the Mac port has still not been GA'ed.
>
> Kirk
>
> On 2012-02-26, at 3:10 AM, David Brown wrote:
>
> > +1 1.6
> >

> > On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 00:33 +0000, sebb wrote:
> >> JMeter currently targets Java 1.5 (but will of course run on Java 1.6+).
> >>
> >> At some point it might be useful to require Java 1.6 as the minimum
> >> version, as it does offer some useful enhancements.
> >>
> >> Would requiring Java 1.6 cause a problem for any JMeter users?
> >>
> >> It seems unlikely, as JMeter should be run on a different host from
> >> the system under test; i.e. the change won't require a change to
> >> existing applications.
> >>
> >> But if there are good reasons why JMeter should stick with Java 1.5
> >> rather than moving to Java 1.6, please let us know.

Regulatory, Medical & Performance Testing Services:

* IEC 62304 Medical Device Software Life Cycle

* IEEE 829 Software Test Documentation

* ISO 14971 Medical Device Risk Management

* FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Software Validation

* IEC 60601-1:2005 3rd ED PEMS - Medical Electrical Equipment

* End-to-end verification, validation, and testing (VV&T)

* High quality service for FDA and CE submissions

* Reliable open source free testing tools

* Optional functionality and regression testing

* Software Performance & Load Testing

* Software Testing Advanced Automation

* Medical Software Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Verification & Validation

* Medical Device Regulatory Submission

* Organizational Regulatory Qualification

  Shay Ginsbourg

  Regulatory & Testing Affairs Consultant

  Formerly QA Manager of LoadRunner at Mercury Interactive

  M.Sc. cum laude in Bio-Medical Engineering

  M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering

Work:   035185873

Mobile: 0546690915

Email: sginsbourg@gmail.com