jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Havard Blok <hrb...@google.com>
Subject "wget" with Apache HttpClient?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 22:53:00 GMT
Background: This assumes a custom implemented sampler, which combines
multiple type of requests in the runTest() call, e.g. HTTP, GWT RPC. For
the HTTP part, we would like to download the full page, including
referenced objects like images, .js, .css.

Using the Apache HttpClient API, it is easy to request a single HTML page,
and read back the response. (Doc:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/fundamentals.html#d5e43).
However, is there also an extension of this API which will download the
other objects referenced in the initial HTML? That would include things
like images, Java Script files, CSS. Thus providing a functionality similar
to the command line tool wget.

One option is of course going with a tool like Selenium / Web Driver,
however, at this point we don't really need the rendering part (and might
not be able to run the browser component of these tools). We would just
like to exercise the server by downloading these extra static objects.
Writing our own HTML parser for this seems redundant, so I'm hoping there
is a library for this already.

Regards,
Havard

--